Review Response to Ruby/Connie

I would so like to know more about the adults in this story-Nan and Jerry's struggles, how Betty married into the family, the intriguing rivalry between Rilla and Di. You have created such a tangled web of bonds and rivalries and love and grudges that feels so much like a real family. I just can't get enough of it!
I'm so glad you left that review, Ruby/Connie - I have a lot of backstory in my head regarding the middle generation, and because it is all clear to me, I'm always afraid writing about them will end up coming across as muddled! So hearing that it just reads like a real family is nice.

I am considering writing a story that centers around Di, Nan, and probably Persis during the War, which would fill in a lot of those details - but we'll see if it ever happens! In the meantime, I'll probably just keep dropping little tidbits into Gwen's tales.
6 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I think I had too many questions like that to ask. It is interesting. So Betty is married to Carl?


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Yes, Betty Mead married Carl Meredith. I wanted him to marry someone from the Glen, but not one of the Blythes or Fords - and Betty was the nicest out of all the Glen girls LMM mentioned in RoI. Besides, she seemed a nice, practical type of girl, who wouldn't mind a husband who studied mice at the dinner table and occasionally forgot her in favor of his work!


  3. Unknown Says:

    Carl reminds me of his father, but instead of being absorbed in matters of theology, he's absorbed in things scientific.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Yes! I've always thought Carl was the most like their father out of all the Meredith children. I think Jerry and Faith must have been more like Cecilia, and Una falls in between, with her father's dreaminess and her mother's kind heart.


  5. Cath Says:

    I always liked Betty Mead so much! I'm glad she found a place in your story.

    Also I feel like it is so unrealistic that all the Blythes and Fords married each other--and yet, I put it in literally ALL of my stories. Why? Why? Writer, take thy own criticism! I like how you find clever ways to avoid it, Elouise.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    You will notice I ONLY had Di and Carl marrying "outsiders!" I thought about giving Shirley and Persis different spouses, but in the end I was too lazy, plus it tickles me to think of those two polar opposites together!

    I think it was reading your "Rilla my Rilla," Connie, however many years ago that was now, that first got me seriously thinking about Betty as anything beyond "one of the Glen girls," so in a way credit goes to you for her inclusion.