The New Rilla

I got my copy today, and I've been sitting with it and my old paperback Rilla going through, marking with pencil the new spots. Nothing too exciting yet, but some things that I wouldn't mind discussing with you ladies!

I am really glad to have the book in hard copy, but there is also a free Project Gutenberg link online to the unedited copy. It's here: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3796/3796-h/3796-h.htm

You can tell it's the right one by searching for Boer War--that was never mentioned in the 1921 version. Here for comparison: http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/montgomery/rilla/rilla.html

I just wanted you guys to know! Maybe we could read a chapter or two a week or every few weeks and discuss the edits?
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I will so be downloading it at my lunch break.


  2. Unknown Says:

    I hadn't noticed this before, because I had only used it as a reference for Nan so far, but I guess that I had downloaded the "new" version in iBooks.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'd love to read it right along with you ladies, and discuss it!


  4. Unknown Says:

    That would be great! Maybe we'll be a little more diligent that we were with the Bible study. The holidays and stuff kind of made that difficult.