New Story, New Characters, New Everything

I have been trying to work on either Leigh's story, or the vignettes from the Blythes, but nothing seems to be coming together for me. I think I burnt myself out on Meg's world.

So, I took a page from Connie's book, and just started thinking about a different family tree, a new set of characters, and before I knew it, an entire plot came sweeping together for me.

I'm excited about it: it's set in 1936, just the world has started going (back) to hell in a handbasket, and when young people would (I would imagine) be very concerned about what sort of a world they're coming to adulthood in.

I just finished outlining the plot for myself, and I hope to get at least the first few chapters written and up on ff.net in the next few weeks. In between all the traveling for weddings we'll be doing, that is. I have a laptop now, maybe I can write on the road? We'll see!
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Good luck on the writing on the road. I just can't quite get the hang of it. That's probably because Bart listens to the most horrible music in the world, and one can't write pretty things when one is yelling at one's husband to stop listening to either "Karma Chameleon" or "Achy Breaky Heart."


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I get carsick just reading in the car, so I doubt I'll actually be able to write. It would be nice, though, if I could!


  3. Cath Says:

    Ooooh!!! I am so excited!!!!! Do you have a title yet?

    Sometimes, no matter how much you love your old characters, it's nice to have a break.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    No title yet. I am so very, very bad at book titles. I'll probably scan through some poems or Bible passages, see if there's a quote I can rip off for a title. You know, my usual way of doing it!