Anne meets Star Trek

One of my friends just sent me an email with this passage from Anne of the Island.* It took me a couple readings before I caught the error, and then I busted up, and knew I had to share it with you all!

Lover's Lane was a dear place that night, still and mysteriously dim in the pale radiance of the moonlight. They loitered through it in a pleasant chummy silence, neither caring to talk.
"If Gilbert were always as he has been this evening how nice and simple everything would be," reflected Anne.
Gilbert was looking at Anne, as she walked along. In her light dress, with her slender delicacy, she made him think of a white iris."I wonder if I can ever make her care for me," he thought, with a pang of self-destruct.
*online version--forgot to mention that before!
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    LOL. OK. I was worried when I first saw the title that someone was placing Anne in Star Trek as some sort of Mary Sue character. Or worse, the borg invaded Avonlea.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Oh my goodness, either of those two ideas would be terrible in a rather hysterical fashion!