Progress report time!

No pressure because I know you ladies are busy, but I am craving more of your stories and so I wondered if we could post where we are at with all of our works? Just to keep everybody in the loop.

Here's mine:

Where the Brook and River Meet: I have planned out the end of this story and I just need to get to writing it. I feel like I've written Nancy and Lee into a corner and need to find out how to back them out, so that's kind of bugging me now.

Five Summers: I'm having a hard time thinking of how to move Di from her current position, still reeling from Walter's death, to new storylines. I've never lost anybody close to me suddenly like that so I don't really know how long it should take and I'm ruminating on this.

Stella of New Moon: I'm just not inspired by this right now, so it's hard for me to write on it. But I definitely haven't given up Stella and her crew.

Rilla-my-Rilla: Haven't given up on this, either--it's just slow-going.

And I really need to sit down when I get a chance and repost my Alice stories. They were somehow deleted from my account, with a lot of my older stories (the Pat ones, the Story Girl ones). I'm not sure if I did something wrong here or if my account was hacked and someone is giving me a really thinly-veiled critique of what they thought about my earliest attempts at fanfic. If it was the latter it's my own fault because my password was my username. Yup. Smart. Luckily, I have the Alice stories saved on my hard drive.
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    speaking of losing things, what happened to Ch 25 of WtBaRM? Did you take it down after posting or did ff.net eat it?


  2. Unknown Says:

    About Five Summers, having lost someone close to me suddenly at a young age, I just have to tell you that everyone grieves in his or her own way. In some way, I was so young, and my Dad did die so suddenly that it took me years to totally grieve.

    At first, I just wanted life to go on as usual. However, as I started hitting important milestones in my life, I realized that my Dad would never physically be a part of it.

    I suddenly just started bawling right before my JR High graduation because of that, and well, the hormones of a 14 year old girl.

    As to Where the Brook and River Meet... I don't really see Lee and Nancy in a hole, but I do wonder how much more story you have to tell and what will become of the Blythe Merediths?


  3. Cath Says:

    Louise, I took down that chap because I just wasn't happy with it. No eating there. :)

    I'm just feeling a little too close to all my people, I need to step back and get some distance, and try again. Blah!