Works in Progress.

Adriennelane just did a post to update the status of her work, and I have more than a few fics still pending and thought I would do the same.

Marilla of Cuthbert Place: InProgress. It seems like I will never get a chance to sit and get this written...but I will. I am almost done with chapter 2, just need some finetuning.

The Harbor Light: Almost finished! I have one chapter left to write for this one -- possibly two.

Anne of the Glen: In Progress. A book to fit between Anne's House of Dreams and Anne of Ingleside. I have no idea where to go with this fic, so if anyone could maybe read it over and let me know who/what else you'd like to see? It would be much appreciated.

Mothers and Daughters: In Progress. This is meant to be a short story compilation similar to The Road to Yesterday, following the lives of the characters from Cecilia of Ingleside and Cecilia of Red Apple Farm after WWII. I have outlined this fic completely, but don't know when I'll get a chance to put words to paper.

I have so many ideas for other fics....but now it seems like I should finish ONE before starting another!
5 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Oh, I guess we'll have to be patient. Really though, I cannot fault you for being plagued with so many ideas when I have so many of my own. It is difficult to make your muse and your desire to finish something agree, isn't it? I will reread Anne of the Glen shortly and see what I can think of. Last week, I reread Rilla my Rilla and cried like a baby.

    BTW, it's good to hear from you. I hope your second semester of Law School is going well.


  2. Unknown Says:

    I'm sure that I heard it before. "These three remain" is of course a variation from 1 Corinthians 13. I'll google it sometime.

    It was going to be just one fiction, but I realized that so much can take place that it would be good to split it. That way I wouldn't have to choose between the title either.

    I've been working on a chapter about two-thirds the way through "These Three Remain." It started a couple of weeks ago after I watched a bootleg copy of the new Pride and Prejudice movie. It put me in a romantic yet melancholy mood. That, the music and red icing on a cake inspired me. I know that sounds odd, but it's true. I really am sort of working backwards.

    I can't wait to read more of Marilla!


  3. Me Says:

    The scripture you are looking for is:

    "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

    It is a very popular scripture used at weddings, we used it for ours.


  4. Unknown Says:

    Thanks. I knew where the scripture was from. We used it at our wedding too. It was on our invitations, (which were bookmarks!) the progams, napkins, and such. I even found a song called "Love Never Fails" that played while my bridemaids walked down the aisle.

    I was just not sure about the "Through These Trying Times" part. I'm sure I have heard that with the other at some point, but maybe not.


  5. Unknown Says:

    WHAT! I never thought of that! There's definatley a possibilty there. You never know....