The Dreaded Block

I'm sorry that I haven't posted the promised new chapter. Things have been fairly busy lately. Also, I think my writing has been a little dry lately. Usually, the best remedy is to spend a little time reading and contemplating what I want to convey in my writing, and that is what I've been doing. I've been spending a great deal of time reading Jane Austen ff's, (not most of the ones on ff.net though, they're mostly fantasy or modernized, and I don't care for that) trying to clear my head a little. Hopefully, it will have the hoped for effect.

The next chapter of "Nan" has been in the works, but I'm not sure if I don't want to scrap it and start it over. I'm not pleased with it, and I'm trying to decide what I want to do with Nan and Jerry and basically everyone else from the point they are at to where the war begins. There are about six weeks from when the Archduke Ferdinand was shot and war is declared by England. I want to focus a lot of time on those weeks because after that, Jerry will only be able to write letters to Nan for four years. From there, I want to mention what is going on with Nan from every point she is mentioned in RoI and some that I have to create. LOL, I know what I want to do, I just have to let the words come to me!

As for "Comfort and Joy," I'm trying to decide how things will progress in England until the point where Katie's brother is killed in action. Here, I have another ff, where the ending is evident and I have it all planned, but I have to decide how I want to progress to get from point A to point- - well, point Z.

I imagine I'm just blathering on, but I want everyone to know that I am not abandoning my ff's, but right now I do not know when they will be updated again. I don't intend to make any more promises that I have to break. When time and inspiration coincide, they will be updated. That could be today, tomorrow, or next week. I continue to look forward to everyone's updates.
0 Responses