Season of Song, Complete

Yesterday, I typed the final chapter of "Season of Song." I have never finished any story this length, fanfic or original, this quickly. I'm still sort of in shock, actually.

I haven't decided what the next season in Gwen's life will be - whether I'll pick it up again before WWII, or if I'll wait and start the next story during the war years.

I quite thoroughly enjoyed this different approach to the Blythe family, and I am so fond of Gwen. I kind of wish she was real, so I could get to know her and watch her grow from a girl into a woman. I know I can do that in a way through writing her story, but it's not quite the same.

I'm looking forward to publishing the rest of the chapters of ff.net, and finding out what you all think of how Gwen's story plays out. It had been an enormously fun ride for me!
4 Responses
  1. Cathy Says:

    I am so excited, and I can't wait to read the rest of SoS! I know I am behind, but I am going to catch up this afternoon after my rush call this morning and I can't wait. Thank you, Louise, for this wonderful story!

    Will you start on the sequel right away, or do you need to let it percolate for a while?


  2. Unknown Says:

    Like Cathy, I can't wait to read the following chapters! I like Gwen very much, and am curious what the future may hold for her.

    I have to admit that I also wonder what will happen with dear, sweet Chloe.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Well, I can tell you that Chloe is *not* going to go on to Hollywood, become a famous movie star, and then move back to PEI after becoming weary and jaded, and marry Oliver, LOL. Other than that ... we'll have to see.

    I think I'm going to have to wait for a little bit on the sequel - I'm still not exactly sure what direction I want to take, or what focus I want the next story to have, so I'll have to mull on it for a while. I also don't want to get sick of Gwen like I did of Meggie, so I think it'll probably be a good idea to take a break from her for a little bit!


  4. Unknown Says:

    That's certainly understandable. When you feel shackled to a character and a story, it's easy to begin to dislike it.