Monkey Face cookies

I was researching for a new chapter of Blythe By Name today and I came across this recipe for monkey face cookies! Could this be the one Susan Baker might have used?

1 c. sugar
1 c. molasses
1 c. shortening or oil
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. spice
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
5 c. flour

Mix sugar, molasses, shortening, and spices together. Dissolve baking soda in 1 cup of hot water then add to mixture. Sift in flour a small amount at a time, mixing well. Drop on a greased cookie sheet 1 teaspoon at a time. Bake at 350 degrees.


They sound really good--and REALLY unhealthy! ;)

Are there any other LMM recipes we can think of? Now that exams are over (I'll be a lawyer in 10 days!) I'd like to start cooking again, so my poor husband doesn't die from too much take out. Why not start with dessert?
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Well, don't use linement in a recipe. :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Those do sound delicious! (and ha! Adrienne)

    I can't think of any recipes right off the top of my head - I'll have to come back sometime when I don't have whiny children clinging to my legs and demanding my immediate attention every moment. In other words, I'll see you guys in about eighteen years.


  3. Cath Says:

    LOL to the both of you! :)