My Nerves Are Shot

I just posted the next chapter of TSotS, and I'm so, so nervous about people's reactions. I know perfectly well that it is implausible, over-the-top, and never would have happened in real life ... but it also is the only possible way this character's story could have gone, and I have been planning it ever since, I think, "Diana of the Island."

But I'm still nervous about people's reactions, because it is definitely a little soap opera-ish.

So, once you guys have read it, could you let me know what you think? If it really, really won't work for you, I can try to do some editing to make it more plausible, but I don't want to sacrifice it if this is just me being overly cautious!
4 Responses
  1. Cath Says:

    I think it's so cool! This is truly original and I never, never saw it coming. (I thought Mattie might marry Natalie).

    And yet somehow it seems like something Mattie (I have to call him that!) would do. It's not SO over the top--a large number of GIs married Japanese girls in the war. *Definitely* not what I expected, and a nice surprise (shock?)


  2. Cath Says:

    I meant to add: I am looking forward to meeting Michiko!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Thank you! I didn't think the marrying a Japanese girl would be too out there, but the whole circumstances had me a little nervous ... a dramatic rescue from the brothels, etc. I just wasn't sure if it was too much something you'd see in a cheesy Hollywood movie, so I really appreciate the reassurance!


  4. Unknown Says:

    I liked it. I didn't have time last night to review or comment here, but I liked it. For some reason, I always had a feeling something like this would happen.

    I hope they're happy, though life in Avonlea may be difficult for them when/if they return.