The Things That Inspire Us

We've often mentioned how one thing or another inspires us and becomes our muse in our literary endeavors.  I would like to share with everyone some of the songs that inspire me.  At my personal blog in the sidebar, I have something that looks sort of like an ipod.  If you click on the music note, a song will pop up on the screen.  There are about ten songs there now, and you can look through them and listen to them.  Two of the songs there have served as the inspiration for two chapters of Comfort and Joy.  They are Jesu and How Great Thou Art, both by the great pianist, Jim Brickman.

Though I don't have these chapter yet written, I know how they shall go.  Jesu is the inspiration for the chapter that will detail Johnny and Katie's eventual wedding.  I'm thinking spring, flowers, and happiness here.  How Great Thou Art is the inspiration for the final chapter of this fiction.  We all know pretty much how it will end, but like the creators of Gilmore Girls, I already have the last line of this planned as well.  This song sets the tone of it, and I believe leads us into what we know of Once, of Ingleside.

Also, there is the song, Mrs. Darcy, from the newest production of Pride and Prejudice.  It has inspired a chapter that I have written for Hope in ...These Three Remain. 

Anyway, I felt like sharing.  Don't forget to read Ruby's new chapters of Marilla of Cuthbert Place and make your comments on our new Character of the Month, Philippa Gordon!
--  Check out my blog and sign the guestbook! http://anecdotesandattitiude.blogspot.com/
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    I think that's great!