My mind has been going a mile a minute lately -- and I mean that in a creative sense! For my Mothers and Daughters collection I have been ruminating on chapters for Cecilia/her daughter Susie, Joy and her daughters, Bertha (Di's daughter)/a mysterious stranger, one about another, different Bertha, and one about Rilla and her girls Hannah and Trudy shortly after Owen's death. And oh! While writing this I just got an idea for a story about Faith and her daughter-in-law, Nellie Douglas. I haven't e-zackly figured out a story for Rosemary and I'm having trouble doing so, so could you please let me know what you'd like to know about her?

It's just basically a question of writing everything down and I don't have the time because I'm swamped with schoolwork!

(I feel like it was 'Providential' that I started this story when I did...a few days afterward I met a friend and her mother who had just been to a book lecture at a DC bookstore on the topic of "Mothers and Daughters" and one of the books they discussed was Anne of Green Gables! I think it had something to do with the fact that a mother-daughter bond springs up between Anne and Marilla even though they were not related. And this happened after I started the story!)

I've figured out an ending for Rilla and Ken, and while you pretty much know what's going to happen, I will try to make it as lovely as possible. :) Speaking of Marilla, I haven't stopped thinking about the trilogy I want to write for her, but I am afraid to start writing because it's my best idea yet and I want it to be able to live up to what I expect from it. Does that make sense? I'll probably begin it over Christmas break.

Update your wonderful stories soon! Especially the person who was writing Suzy of Ingleside...? Where did she go?
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hmmm.... Rosemary's your baby. Good lord, can you imagine that pun? I don't really know what you should do either. However, she's going to grow up in an interesting time. Not just historically either. When we last saw her, her sister whom she just repaired a relationship got engaged. I remember being about eight years old when my sister (eight years older than me) started dating and running around with her friends more. I felt very abandoned and my parents got me a dog.

    Anyway, what I'm saying is that all the changes in Cecilia's life will affect Rosemary in some way. Cecilia and Marshall will have children, and that will really affect her. She may feel jealousy if everyone seems to pay more attention to those children and so on. I don't know, but she's really got my attention. You'll figure something really great out at some point. I'm a patient person. :)


  2. Unknown Says:

    Oh yeah, I can't wait till you have time for the Marilla series. Also, I've missed Suzy of Ingleside too.


  3. Unknown Says:

    That's too funny!