Mothers and Daughters

I put up a new story at ff.net -- I would have linked to it but I just put it up so it's not up yet. It's called "Mothers and Daughters."

I wanted to write more about Cecilia – I've been re-reading Cecilia of Ingleside and Cecilia of Red Apple Farm, lately, and I wanted to write more about all those characters but I didn't really like the idea of another book-length ff. So I decided to write a bunch of vignettes about people and things that happen after the end of Cecilia of Red Apple. This is going to focus mainly on the women in the stories, and their children. It's not going to be very linear – one chapter will take place ten years in the future and the next will take place shortly after the end of WWII. I might not mention Anne or Gilbert very much because they're getting old and I don't want to write (or think!) about them dying. It's not pleasant.


Anyway, here's the first chapter, about Cecilia's wedding day. Another to follow, soon, about Joy's daughters. Hope you enjoy, please let me know!

And let me know if there are any characters you'd especially like to hear about from those stories.

Thanks, and everyone, keep up the G R E A T work. :)

5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Would Denny marry Betsy? Or Rosemary? Just interested :)


  2. Unknown Says:

    I would like to hear more about Rosemary Blythe. She captured my heart in "Cecilia of Red Apple Farm."

    I'm glad you don't want to focus on Anne and Gilbert dying. That's very unpleasant, and it almost seems like you're alluding to Anne's death at one point in this chapter.

    I'm still wondering what will happen to Rilla and Ken in "Rilla My Rilla," but anything is wonderful. This has really put me in a better mood. Thank you.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    oh Ruby.... i'm SO excited for more about Cecilia. i've been checking ff.net religiously for a while, hoping you'd update or put up a new fic somewhere. yay! i can't wait... i'm going to go read it soon. :)


  4. Unknown Says:

    Regarding Rilla and Ken, you could have them move to Toronto for a while. I'm not sure if there is anything in your fics about them never living there. You can look at that one little bit where Gilbert Ford from Toronto as a fluke or pay no attention to it at all. Sometimes I look at "The Road to Yesterday" as canon, and sometimes I don't because of the way it was published posthumously. You're stories are so well written that most people don't really care.


  5. Unknown Says:

    Oh yeah, you know gossips never get eveything right. Who knows what the old ladies in my hometown have said about me since I left. Of course, they may not have said anything at all....