I'm Openeing a Dialog

I've been thinking (I know that's a dangerous thing) and began to wonder if anyone has any questions regarding my fanfics that they would like to ask? Then I got to thinking about everyone else's fanfics, and wondered if there were questons about them that needed to be asked.

To make this short, we have this incredible opportunity here to ask the authors of fanfics why they did this and that, and I thought that I would open up the dialog.

My first question goes to LadyLyriss. What made you decide to send Shirley to Avonlea and fall in love with Paul Irving's daughter? Why did you decide to have Nan and Jerry elope?

I'll have more questions for everyone as I think some more. Please join in.
2 Responses
  1. Elouise82 Says:

    The first part is rather difficult to answer. I wanted Shirley to be able to really stand out and have a character and personality of his own, and I figured if he stayed in the Glen he would continue to be overshadowed by his family. I also wanted him to have a romance all his own (I love Una, but it always seemed unfair that Shirley would only get Walter's leavings) yet still be with someone in Anne's world, and the idea of someone with Paul's sweetness and dreaminess bonding with practical Shirley was irresistable, so Cecily was born. As for Nan and Jerry, the short answer is that I was sick of doing weddings! I also wanted to give them something different, and add some spice to the story. I know I have quesitons myself for other authors, but I can't think of any right now, so I'll come back later with them.


  2. Thanks for answering my questions. I'm really enjoying your fic.