We talk so much about all things Blythe on this board, but what about LMM's other characters? Emily, Pat, Marigold, Valancy, Kilmeny, the Story Girl, Jane, Gay or Donna or Jocelyn in A Tangled Web -- who's your favorite non-Anne heroine and why?

I'm rather fond of Pat, even though I get frustrated with her. I think that she is, perhaps, LMM's most complete character after Anne. I like how she is described as being not beautiful, but helping people always feel at ease when they are around her. And I love the Story Girl for her adveturnessness and also because it must have been so fun to be around her. The other characters in the Story Girl books are some of my favorites in any LMM series, as well, especially Felicity, and Dan and Bev, the two characters that were not included in the Road to Avonlea series.

I love Emily, but for some reason I can't love Teddy, so the fact that Emily does makes me feel like I don't understand her as well as I should.

What do you guys think?
4 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I hate to say that I haven't really read anything else. At least not in the way I do the Anne books. Well, that's not correct. I have read "A Tangled Web," "Kilmeny," "Jane of Lantern Hill," and some of "The Story Girl." I will admit that I tried to read "Pat of Silverbush" after reading your Cecilia stories, and I just couldn't get into it in the same way.

    I guess my favorite so far would be probably Donna from "A Tangled WEb."


  2. Unknown Says:

    If you can't find a book to buy, most of them can be found as online etexts at places like Project Gutenburg.


  3. Unknown Says:

    It depends on what kind of hat it is. Straw hats are a maybe, but I think that wool ones will only cause indigestion. :)


  4. Unknown Says:

    I have not, though I have told my husband that we shall some day. This year we're going trout fishing in September, ie he's going to be fishing while I read, write, and sometimes reel in a fish or two. I just won't bait my hook or touch the fish.