I've been thinking of an idea for a new fanfic recently. I'd like to write about Marilla when she was young -- I think there is a lot of fodder for a good tale in the original Anne books. Like Marilla's relationship with John Blythe, for example. I think it would be fun to see some of the characters (like Rachel Lynde!) as young folks, too.

I was thinking specifically about doing a three part series, Marilla of Cuthbert Place (Rachel Lynde says in Anne of GG that Green Gables wasn't built until Marilla was grown), Marilla of Avonlea, and then Marilla of Green Gables. It might seem like a lot of writing but my brain has already conjured a huge amount of stories about Marilla and her family. And it will keep me busy for a while!

What do you guys think?
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    You've sooooooo got to do it!