I Guess There Needs To Be Ground Rules...

I'm not sure if Ruby is aware of this or not, but her post discussing another rude person was rather hijacked with a comment from some person who decided to post a rather flammable polictical view. Those who caught it before I did seem to share my views that this is not the place for such commentary. I have never wanted to set any real rules here, but it looks as if there needs to be at least one.

We are a community brought together by our shared love of the works of Lucy Maude Montgomery and the fanfictins based on her works. This is not a political or special interest blog. I think that there are plenty of those already. We come from all sorts of different backgrounds, nationalities, religions, etc. For all of us to continue to enjoy this community, we should leave our soap boxes regarding politics, religion, and other somewhat sensitive subjects elsewhere.

I think that it's great how we can share ideas, praise, likes, dislikes, and all together, pieces of our lives here. We started out with one commonality, and we have found that many of us share several interests - despite backgrounds and etc.

I want everything to continue in the manner in which it has. I want more and more people to visit and join if they wish. However, I check this site several times a day usually unless I am out of town. If I ever find such inflammatory material here again, I will automatically delete it. This is the only warning that I'll give. If this gets to be too much of a problem, I will make it where only members can even comment. I don't want to have to become a dictator, but someone has invaded our tranquil place, and I will not stand for it.

If you wish to post your views of certain issues, then I advise you to create your own blog. They're free. I have spent no money in creating our little haven here.

So, with that ugly business aside, let us continue as we have. This blog has been a joy to me, and I hate that we have been so invaded. This is not MY blog. I just started it. This is our community, please help me to keep it our own little "Rainbow Valley."

P.S. I have deleted the comment from the blog, however I still have it in my email inbox. I will keep it to remind me of what happened. Also, if anyone wishes to read it for whatever reasons, I'll share it.
0 Responses