An Interesting Thought...

For some reason, I don't really know why, I was searching for the meanings of different flowers on the Internet today. I saw something that intrigues me a great deal. I know that L.M. Montgomery knew a lot about the sentimental meanings of flowers because Owen and Leslie discuss the different colors of roses in "Anne's House of Dreams." Anyway, I saw tea rose and noticed that it means, "I'll remember you always."”

Now, I think we all know that according to "Rilla of Ingleside," Walter once compared Una to a tea rose. I think that there is more significancence to that than I ever noticed before. What do you think?
6 Responses
  1. I'd be willing to bet that LMM knew the meaning of the tea rose, so I'd say it is very significant.


  2. Una Meredith Says:

    I always thought it was significant, too. Moreover, I think it hinted at something a little more than sisterly affection.


  3. DylanLeeLo Says:

    Walter and Una would have been just too sweet for words together. I got butterflies when I read the meaning of tea rose, even if she didn't have the signifigance of the flower in mind when she wrote that, I figure it's just one of those things that are meant to be because it works so well with their story. Ahhh...sigh, if only real boys could be more like Walter.


  4. Una Meredith Says:

    I think I've found one at least a little like Walter. (dreamy smile)


  5. Rachel Says:

    I agree Una, they are definitely out there. :)


  6. Una, I'm intrigued. I'd like to know more about this guy you've found.