Anne and Gilbert--the Musical

I don't know who out of all of us has heard about this or not, but this summer up in good ol' PEI they just did a "world premiere run at the Victoria Playhouse in Victoria–By-the-Sea, Prince Edward Island" on a new Anne musical called, "Anne & Gilbert." It's based on book 2 & 3 of the Anne series. Anyway, they have some of the songs the original cast sings on their site to download and listen to. I think they're great and would love to someday see this musical. The song I find that gets stuck in my head just about every day is "You're Island Through and Through." Just something I thought I'd share with y'all. Maybe this will help get those creative juices flowing. :)
1 Response
  1. DylanLeeLo Says:

    I came across this a while ago and the song Mr. Blythe is rather cute, although I don't think it lets you download it now...

    "Every young girl in avonlea/ is about as close to heaven as she can be/ if you don't know why then I guess you didn't hear/ Mr. Blythe is gunna be my teacher this year"

    hehe oh dear...