Re-re-re-reading

I don't know about you guys, but I always find myself reading the Anne books every year in the fall, getting around to finishing Rilla of Ingleside just around Rememberance day. I've tried to stop, but it just feels weird if it's autum and I'm not reading them. I don't know if it's just some habit I've developed or if it's just something about that season or what.

I'd be interested in hearing if you are of the kind that can re read favorite books over and over and never get tired of them or if you just read them once and then if you've read the Annes a million times or if just once was enough.
5 Responses
  1. iffie21 Says:

    i always reread them too, but I do so in the spring, like april or may. so and so forth.


  2. Rachel Says:

    I just finished re-reading the Anne series this summer for too many times to count now. I also read other books over and over, my mom never understood why I did it. Books are friends and I have to keep visiting them, I never get tired of it.


  3. Okay, I commented on this last night, and I guess didn't submit or something. Anyway, I am always picking up a book that I've read and just start reading wherever. I do it the most with the Anne series, but I also do it with anything else I've ever liked. You can almost always find a little nugget that you've never noticed before.

    I like to read Poe in the Autumn and also colonial writings and things about the Salem Witch Trials. "The Crucible" and "The Scarlet Letter" are fall favorites of mine.


  4. Blythetwin Says:

    I think I reread my books much more when I was younger than I do now, particularly the "Little House" series, but I still reread the Anne books occationally now.
    I just finished rereading Anne of the Island, and I am thinking of trying Anne of Windy Poplars again, although that book was always my least favorite of the series.


  5. Rachel Says:

    'Windy Poplars' was always the hardest in the series to read, it seemed so out of place with the rest.