Images of the Anne characters

When you guys picture the characters of the Anne series in your heads, do you picture the actors and actresses from the Kevin Sullivan films, or do you have your own thoughts of what Anne and Gil and co. look like? I wonder sometimes if I have little imagination since I always picture the Kevin Sullivan characters. For example, in AofGG, Matthew had a brown beard, but whenever I think of Matthew, I picture Richard Farnsworth-like white moustache! Even when I picture Anne's children I think of them looking very similar to the picture on my Rainbow Valley book cover! It's a nice book cover compared to most, and it fits the childrens' descriptions in the book, but still. At least I have my own visions of what Susan and the Merediths look like. Is this ever a problem for anyone?
3 Responses
  1. Beatle Chic Says:

    I definitely see Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie as Anne and Gil in my mind, though I think I picture Megan a little taller since Anne's a tall girl, and the rest of the cast as their designated character (like Colleen Dewhurst as Marilla, etc.). Their children, however, were a bit harder to visualize. (Guess that's b/c I'm a visual learner.) I think I tried to base them on the book covers, to start with, but then tried to visualize a mix between Megan and Jon for the kids. I had other visions for some of the other characters in my mind, most likely based on someone somewhere, if that makes sense. But, I think having a pic of someone portraying a character helps visualize the stories. . .kinda fine tunes your mental picture box. But, that could be just me too. ;)


  2. geeruby Says:

    We've posted a lot of pictures in the past of what we think certain Anne characters would look like. Check the archives!


  3. iffie21 Says:

    hehe, maybe we should play the movie again.