Update on Modern Day Romance

Just wanted to let y'all know that I've updated my story, Modern Day Romance. So, please feel free to read and review if you'd like.

A quick little blurb about why I'm writing it in present day time, since I know some have or will question it. . .
I have always thought that AoGG was a timeless classic story. The characters are real, in a sense, as are the places. Montgomery wrote what she knew and during the time period she lived in. After reading lots of Anne ff over the last couple of years, I thought I'd try my hand at it. I started one that combined the Anne 2 and the Road to Avonlea series (which I should probably look at some time) and stopped after a while since life got in the way. Anyway, I love all the Edwardian era and other historical period stories of Anne and sometimes I'd check out modern day ones. Unfortunately, I felt they (modern ones) fell rather flat and drifted from Montgomery's characters' personalities. So, one night while lying in bed I had this idea of writing my own modern Anne twist. I love LMM's Anne story dearly and felt a modern day twist with the characters in true or similar LMM form was due. So, I started writing about an image that came to mind before drifting off to sleepville. The rest, as they say, is history. ;)

Anyway, like I said above, feel free to check it out and review. I can't wait to read everyone else's updates!
3 Responses

  1. I really do like it! It has a certain quality to it that makes it not seem totally modern. Also, it reminds me of my college days - somewhat.


  2. Beatle Chic Says:

    Thanks Adrienne and Ingrid! I've been using things from my memories of college to help sort and write this. I must say that in my mind for this story Redmond is based on my college alma mater. It's an old private college, rich in history and tradition. If Redmond existed today, I believe it would have that feel too. Again, thanks for the rave reviews!